Position Title: Software Developer (Internship),
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey,
Duration: 3 Months,
Reports to: Program Manager.
Background on Roia
Roia is an independent non-profit organisation harnessing the power of information and communications technology (ICT) to do good and improve lives in the most difficult circumstances. Founded in 2012 following the outbreak of conflict in Syria, Roia has grown to become a leading actor in the region providing ICT-based solutions to local communities and non-violent organisations.
At Roia, we implement quality projects that support human rights and wellbeing and provide solutions that promote freedom of speech, healthcare, education, livelihoods and community stability. Combining a local approach with systems thinking, we look to implement innovative solutions that have far-reaching and long-lasting results for entire communities.
Roia’s fundamental goal is to employ ICT to create empowering conditions giving vulnerable people the tools to create a better future for themselves. ICT gives people the means to connect, communicate and coordinate for positive social impact.
Roia is growing its IT department to reflect its growing responsibility as a provider of innovative tech-based solutions for positive social impact inside Syria. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing software solutions projects designed to improve the wellbeing of vulnerable peoples in Syria and neighbouring counties.
The candidate will be expected to participate in the entire development process for a software development and will work with program manager to analyse and design the core functionality that users need from software programs, and then implement these functionalities in a full software solution program.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting in analysing user need, software design, testing and development.
- Creating development models and diagrams to assist the IT department in designing applications.
- Implementing software according to analysis and design.
- Software maintenance and testing.
- Documentation for applications and systems for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Collaborate with the team to create optimised software.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information technology, or similar.
- 3+ years of work experience in relevant disciplines.
- Experience in all software project cycle phases – analysis, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Good experience with WordPress platform.
- Preferably good skills in .Net framework and SQL Server.
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English language.
How to apply
Please send a CV (2 page maximum) and cover letter (1 page) to jobs(at) https://www.roia.org/volunteer-us/ with the name of the vacancy in the subject line.